Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Collection Excellence Platine


In 2006, Vacheron Constantin started a special series titled Collection Excellence Platine. Comprised of only platinum watches, this exceptional series has featured models from different collections such as the Patrimony, Traditionelle, Historiques and Malte. Today the series contniue with another Patrimony model: the Patrimony Collection Excellence Platine. The watches from the Patrimony collection represent modern interpretations of Vacheron Constantin models from the 1950’s. Featuring a stylish, minimalist design, these timepieces are characterized by the smooth round cases, thin hands and applied hour markers, as well as the distinctive “pearl” minute track. Subtle and beautiful, they provide a supreme touch of elegance. The Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Collection Excellence Platine is issued in a limited edition of only 150 numbered pieces. Priced at approximately € 40,100, it is now available at the brand’s boutiques worldwide.

Patrimony CEP 1110U-000P-B306

There are only 150 pieces in this edition

 

The timepieces from the Collection Excellence Platine series are always individually numbered and issued in small editions of no more than 150 pieces per model. Varying from the simplest to the most complicated watches, these platinum pieces always come with a clean sand-blasted platinum dial, 18K white gold hands and hour-markers, dark blue alligator leather strap, and a “Pt950” signature between 4 and 5 o’clock. The latter refers to the purity of platinum used in the series. The 950 platinum is 95% pure, with the rest 5% featuring palladium or copper. To put it in perspective, the 18K gold is “only” 75% pure gold. The rest determines the color of gold (rose, pink, red, white or yellow). An absolute luxury, the 950 platinum features a highly distinctive grey color that creates a fascinating light effect. This noble metal can last forever, requires no varnish and will never become oxidized. In addition to all this, the 950 platinum also has exceptional durability and scratch resistance.

Patrimony CEP 1110U-000P-B306

The platinum used here is 95% pure

 

The new Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Collection Excellence Platine has a 42 mm 950 platinum case. Water resistant to 30 meters, the case is 7.65 mm thick and features a transparent sapphire crystal caseback. The caseback ring is engraved with an individual serial number. Beneath the front sapphire crystal is the distinctive sand-blasted platinum dial with 18k white gold applied hour markers and baton hour and minutes hands. The small seconds counter features blue markings. Running around the edge of the dial is the trademark “pearl” minute track. Completing the dial we have the “Pt950” signature between 4 and 5 o’clock. The dial itself is very clean and straightforward, with only hours, minutes and small seconds at 6 o’clock.

Patrimony CEP 1110U-000P-B306

The dial is very simple and straightforward

 

Beating inside the case is the Vacheron Constantin’s in-house made calibre 4400 AS with 21 jewels. Visible through the transparent case, it features the Hallmark of Geneva certification. The self-winding movement oscillates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and offers a power reserve of approximately 65 hours. The latest Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Collection Excellence Platine is presented with a stylish dark blue Mississippiensis alligator leather strap. Hand-stitched with platinum 950 and silk, the strap is secured with a polished half Maltese cross-shape platinum buckle.

Patrimony CEP 1110U-000P-B306

The movement is decorated with Geneva waves

 

 

Leave a Reply
(You do not need to be registered to comment this article)


3 − 2 =